Footprints of the Seiler Piano Duo
The Seiler Piano Duo has travelled mountains and dales to bring four hand piano music to audiences in the farthest corners of the Japanese archipelago.
The yellow dots on the map show
the locations of their concerts
in all the 47 prefectuｒes of Japan.
- The Seiler Piano Duo established
- Southeast Asia tour sponsored by an international exchange grant from the German Cultural Center
- Concert tours in Hong Kong, Tokyo, and other regions of Japan
- Debut concert in Wigmore Hall, London
One-week concert series held in the Mozart House, Salzburg, Austria
Recitals in Portugal and Germany
Carnegie Hall debut to rave reviews in the New York Times
Second appearance at Carnegie Hall, New York
Opening concert commemorating the completion of the Kayabuki Ongaku-do
Commence early summer and fall Kayabuki Concert series
- Begin writing weekly column “Zailaa fusai no seikou usou”(The Seiler Piano Duo: Come Rain or Come Shine) for The Asahi Shinbun newspaper
- Publication of “Zailaa fusai no seikou usou” in book form
Concerts tours in Germany and Russia documented by Yomiuri Television Hokkaido Furusato Haiko Concert Tour series (concerts held in 35 regional schools throughout Japan from 1993-96)
Start Ozeki “Zabuton” Concert series sponsored by Ozeki Sake Corp. (held 60 concerts in small towns and village throughout Japan from 1993-2004)
TV Asahi appearance on “Tetsuko no heya”
Toho film “Waga ai no fu”
Release CD “Toukyou seiin”
NHK (Japan Broadcasting Co.)BS2 “Classic Hour”
- Appear in two TV Tokyo high-vision documentaries
Award for distinguished service from Japanese Ministry of Home Affairs
Appear in NHK’s “Sekai waga kokoro no tabi” (World Travels of the Heart, a Documentary prime time)
Tokyo Island-to-Island Concert Tour sponsored by the Tokyo Municipal Government (recitals held in all 11 islands of the Izu Peninsula)
Release live performance CD “Ichidan kisho”
First Kayabuki Ongaku-do Competition for Piano Duet
- Appear on NHK’s “Geijutsu Gekijo: Stage Door”
- Concerts in Australia (Brisbane University) and America
- Numerous TV appearances including NHK’s “Hello Japan” and Beat Takeshi’s “Anyone can be a Picasso”
Release CD “ Oto Fuukei” (“Sound images”)
Received the “Human Kazaguruma-sho” from Kyoto OMRON Community Foundation
- Finishing the Concert series “Ozeki Zabuton Concerts” 60 concerts throuout Japan.
- Recital in Tokyo, presenting the “Grosse Fuge” of Beethoven, celebrating the discovery of his long lost manuscript.
- Release CD “Kacho fugetu” (Flower, bird, wind and moon)
- received the “Kyoto Akebono-sho Special Prize” from Kyoto Prefecture
- Release CD “Kisei Rakuon ～Die Blaue Blume～”
- Celebrating the 300th performance at the Seiler Kayabuki Concert Hall.
Receiving the “Kyoto Bunka-sho Kourou-sho” and the “Kyoto Souzousya Taisyo” from Kyoto Prefecture
“The Seiler Family Grand Concert” performed in the big hall of the Kyoto Concert Hall before a sell out audience.
Release the DVD of “The Seiler Family Grand Concert”.
Celebrating the 25th year of the Kayabuki Concert.
The Seiler Piano Duo Awards Received
- “Award for distinguished service” from Japanese Ministry of Home Affairs
- The “Human Kazaguruma-sho (Pinwheel Prize)” from Kyoto OMRON Community Foundation
- The “Kyoto Akebono-sho Special Prize” from Kyoto Prefecture
- The “Kyoto Bunka-sho Kourou-sho” and the “Kyoto Souzousya Taisho” from Kyoto Prefecture